Session 4: Scripture App Builder
Review Session 2-3 for training components
- Participants will build a storybook app with pictures using Word.
- Participants will repurpose VMS Bible Story Video Template materials for storybook apps. Parable of the Lost Son. Put BSVT materials on flash drive.
- Participants will be able to resize graphics for storybook apps.
- Participants will create content menus for either a hymnbook, storybook or Scripture texts.
- Show HSBC ‘eels’ video
- Show “An Angel Visits Zechariah” video (from BSVT NT)
- Look at Hymnbook and ask about how they could fix the issue with finding the right hymn in a book of 50 hymns.
- Create a Word document of the text from “An Angel Visits Zechariah”
- Open Word or LibreOffice
- Participants need to know how to: 1. Insert picture, 2. Copy/Paste text, 3. Insert Page break,
- Demonstrate how to crop/resize pictures in Word
- Build app
- Demonstrate Content Menus using Margi as an example
- Work in pairs: Build an app of “Parable of the Lost Son”, “Wedding at Cana”, and “An Angel visits Zechariah” with a Content Menu.