Bloom Session 2
In this session we will learn how to create a bilingual book using Bloom. A bilingual book is a book that has the content in two languages. We will be creating a new collection called Bilingual Books. Then we will create a bilingual book called Lost Coin.
The data files for this session are found in the subfolder Data\Lost Coin Edited.
Create New Collection
- Click the Other Collection button.
The Open/Create Collections dialog box opens
- Click Create New Collection.
The Create New Bloom Collection dialog box opens.
Click Vernacular/Local Language Collection. Then click Next.
Select French as the main language for this collection. Then click Next.
Enter country and click Next.
Enter My Bilingual Books as the project name and click Next.
Setup Collection for Two Languages
- Click Settings icon.
- In the Settings dialog box, click Languages tab, set Vernacular Language to French and set Language 2 to English.
- In the Book Making tab, set Default Font for French to the desired font. Set Default Font for English to the desired font. Set Front/Back Matter Pack to Paper Saver.
- In the Project Information tab, set Country to Cameroon.
- Explain Advanced Program Settings tab.
- Explain Settings Protection.
- Click OK.
Create a bilingual basic book
We will create a bilingual basic book using the pictures and text in the Data\Lost Coin subfolder.
- Click Basic Book. Click Make a book using this source.
- Change One Language to Two languages.
- In the Front Cover page, enter La pièce d’argent perdue as the book title in French. Enter The lost coin as the book title in English. Click Change Image in the picture frame, then click File and select Cover.png. Set up metadata.
- To add the first page to the book, click Add Page and select Basic Text & Picture and then click Add This Page. Insert picture Pic2.png. Insert the contents of Text-Frn.txt – first section into the first textbox. Insert the contents Text-Eng.txt – first section into the second textbox.
- To add the second page to the book, click Add Page and select BasicText & Picture and then click Add This Page. Insert picture Pic3.png. Insert the contents of Text-Frn.txt – second section into the first textbox. Insert the contents Text-Eng.txt – second section into the second textbox.
Finish the Lost Coin book.
- Fill in the credit page and the title page.
- Create the necessary pages to complete the story by adding texts and pictures.
- Add any copyright information required
- Create a pdf booklet of the story
- Display the pdf booklet.