Session 1: Scripture App Builder
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of building and distributing apps as well as the process for obtaining appropriate permissions from authors/creators for the media used.
- Participants will build their first Scripture app using text from Paratext files (USFM) – Mwaghavul and Marghi TNT.
Write on easel chart "Today's Topics" Why Scripture App Builder?
Do I need permission?
Build a Scripture App
Build a Hymn App
Build a Bible Story App
Build an app with a Content menu
- Show "Toilet Paper - Emma" video.
- Ask, "Where is your phone?" Most every adult will have one with them.
- Discuss "Country-level-digital assessment document.docx" as a way to know how to be a champion for your country.
- Show PPT (when getting to copyright issues, do activity about "there are 2 kinds of people”, those that save/not, those that read emails/not, morning/night people, open source/copyright restriction people)
- Demo 4 apps (include Scripture, hymn, Bible storybook, literacy)
- Go through folder structure of Course/Scripture App Builder
- Together, build an app for Mwaghavul of just John and have each participant read a screen of the wizard out loud.
- Build an app for Mwaghavul containing all the NT. Ask what they forgot to do before they built the app? (Answer: to ask permission)