To be able to assist the linguist/translator in the use of the WeSay computer program. This program was designed with mother tongue translator in mind.
Learning Objectives (What):
1. The participants will know how to create and configure a WeSay project.
2. The participant will know how to build a word list using the SIL Comparative African Word List (SIL CAWL) in WeSay.
3. The participant will know how to build a word list using Semantic Domains in WeSay.
4. The participant will know how to build a word list using MLE 4000 Word List in WeSay.
5. The participant will know how to do collaboration in WeSay.
Learning Tasks (How):
The participants discussed the benefits of WeSay.
The rules of Pig Latin will be presented (PigLatinRules.doc).
The participants will create a new Pig Latin project using the MLE 4000 word list (MLE 4000 Wordlist in WeSay.doc).
The participants will create another PigLatin project using the WeSay configuration tool (Create A New Project.doc).
The participants will build a PigLatin wordlist using SIL CAWL and Semantic Domain features of WeSay (Build A Wordlist.doc)
The participants will add to the PigLatin wordlist using the collaboration feature of WeSay (WeSayCollaboration.doc)