Back to Basic Computer Skills Training Plan
- Knows how to compose a message
- Knows how to reply to a message.
- Knows how to forward a message
- Knows how to add a contact
- Knows how to create a contact group and add a contact to it.
- Knows how to add a message to a label.
Why would want to use E-mail?
- Create a Gmail account. Have the participants watch.
- Sign on to Gmail account
- Settings – General (Default reply behavior, Default text style, My picture, create contacts for auto-complete, Signature, Vacation responder)
- Settings – Accounts and Import (Change password recovery settings)
- Settings – Forwarding
- Find a partner fro sending and receiving e-mails. Compose a message. Click Inbox. Click Compose. Enter e-mail address of partner. Enter subject. Enter message. Click Sent.
- Click Inbox. Read partner’s message and reply to it.
- Click Inbox. Read partner’s message and forward it to your partner.
- Compose a message with an attachment, a link to an url, and some formatting information (bold, italic, underline, font size and font color). Then send it to your partner.
- Go to Contacts. Add a contact by clicking Add to my contacts icon. Add e-mail address of partner and then click Add. To edit a contact, click on the contact. Make changes. To delete a contact: select contact and click More and then click Delete contact.
- A contact group allows to send a message to a group of people
- To create a contact group: Select contacts that you want to add to a group, click the Groups button, , then click Create new.
- To edit a contact group, go to My Contacts. Select contacts to add. Click the Groups button, . Select the desired contact group.
- To delete a contact group, select contact group and click More and then click Delete group.
- Labels help you organize your messages into categories.
- To create a label: Go to Gmail. On the left side of the page, click More at the bottom of your labels list. Click Create new label. Type the name of your new label and click Create.
- To add a message to the new label. Select a message in Inbox. Click Move to icon and select the desired label.
- To remove a message from a label. Select the message in the label, Click Label icon and reset the desired label.
- To remove a label: Select label. Click More and Click Manage labels. Go to Labels section and click remove for desired label.
- Check Spam
Have the participants do what you did in the Content section.
Have the participants do the following exercises.
- Send a message with your name and a photo to the instructor.
- Create a contact group called i-DELTA and move your partner’s email address to it.
- Create a label called i-DELTA and move a message to it.