Note: This is equivalent to the third stage of the UBS plan.
The fifth stage of a translation project is the review by the community. In the review you will check for naturalness, produce a team progress report and revise the key terms.
The following modules will help you in this stage:
- PPR: Progress report
- BBTR: Biblical key terms report
In this module you will create a progress report.Where we are
As you have been working on your translation, you have been updating your project plan with your progress on completed chapters and books. Now you will prepare a project a report.Why this is important
Your administrators and funders need accurate reports of your progress.What are you going to do?
- Check that your project plan is up-to-date.
- Produce several reports.
- Open your project
- Click on the Project plan icon
- Update your progress as necessary.
- From the Project menu, choose Progress chart
- Click on the dropdown list in the top left.
- Choose as appropriate.
- Click the print icon A window opens
- Click the Print icon
- Choose your printer (or PDF printer)
- Click OK.
One task in this stage is to produce a report of the changes made in the key biblical terms.Where we are
In working on your translation you have identified and changed a number of key biblical terms.Why is this important?
Although you can’t use Paratext to write the report, it can produce of list of the terms that you have been dealing with and may need to include in your report.What are you going to do?
In the Biblical terms tool you will filter on the book(s) that you want to include in your report. You will then save the list of the terms as a separate HTML file. You can also filter the list on any discussion notes you may have made.
- Click in your project
- Tools – Biblical Terms
- Set the terms filter
- Set the verses filter (for the books you have been working on).
- Sort the list as desired.
- File > Save as HTML
- Type a name for the file
- Click Save
- Open the file in Word/LibreOffice
- Click on the ? (second column heading) to sort on Rendering discussion notes.
- Click the arrow beside Find on the toolbar
- Choose Rendering Description
- Type the text to find The list is filtered.
- Save the list to HTML (as above).