The participants will process their translation with the help of Paratext, a program created for entering, storing, and checking the translated texts. The course follows the six stages of translation as given in the SIL base organisational plan. [The four stages of the UBS plan are 1, 2, 5, and 6] There are three manuals in the series. The first deals with tasks that require an administrator. The second covers the first two stages (Stage 1-2). This manual covers the last stages 3-6 (or 3-4 of UBS).
1.2: Course Objectives
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:Stage 3: Prepare for a consultant check
- Prepare a back translation
- Back translation 1 (free)
- Back translation 2 (word by word)
- Complete other checks
- check references, quoted texts, numbering, unmatched pairs of punctuation, quotations
- spell checkingStage 4: Consultant Check
- All the tasks for this step have been covered in previous modules.Stage 5: Community testing
- Prepare a progress report.
- Prepare a Biblical terms report.Stage 6: Finalising for publication
- Add illustrations et captions
- Identify the names for any maps to be included.
- Add an introduction to the NT / Bible
- Compare the parallel passages
- Confirm that all the other checks have been completed.
- Finalize check of proper names.
- Check numbers, money, weights and measures
- Final format checks.