Project Plan Training Plan
Purpose (Why): To know how to setup and use a new project plan in Paratext.
Learning Objectives (What):
1. The participants will know how to create a project plan from a base plan.
2. The participants will know how to modify a project plan
3. The participants will know how to configure task settings
4. The participants will know how to assign automatic checks to stages
5. The participants will know how to assign tasks and checks to team members.
6. The participants will know how to mark individual tasks as completed.
7. The participants will know how to generate reports.
Learning Tasks (How):
Paratext Project Plan Powerpoint
Introduction (slide 1-4)
● Discuss why people are resisting the use of the project plan.
● Discuss the benefits of using the project plan.
● Review learning objectives
● Discuss Project Plan Overview
PPA 5.1 Introduction to Project Plans for Administrators
Project Plan - Prerequisites (slide 5-8)
● Review first things to consider
● Review basic inventories
● If you need to replace an old plan with a new plan, you will need to save a copy of your existing progress, so that you add the information to the new plan. Here are the instructions. Then you will need to delete your existing plan.
P8TC 1A.7 Character Inventory
P8TC 1A.7.1 Punctuation Inventory
Project Plan – Setting up a plan (slide 9-34)
● Setting project scope
● Creating a project plan
PPA5.2 Selecting and Applying Base Plans
Applying a base plan
● Modifying a project plan
PPA5.2.1 Combining Tasks
PPA5.3 Modify a Project Plan
Customizing the base plan
● Configuring task settings
PPA 5.3.5 Verifying the Settings
● Assigning checks to stages
PPA 5.3.6 Assigning Automatic Checks to Stages
● Marking Progress to date
Bringing progress up-to-date
Project Plan – Using the Plan (Slides 37-47)
What do we do next?
Are we there yet?
● Assigning tasks to the team
PPA 5.4 Assigning tasks to team members
● Marking tasks as completed
PPA 5.4.4 Marking Tasks as Complete
P8TC 1.1 My Tasks
Project Plan – View Progress (Slides 48-51)
● Team progress report
● Project health report
Your Turn (Slide 35-36, 55)
Notes (Slide 52-54)
Project Plan Setup Summary, (Slide 56-59)
Setting up for Progress Tracking