Paratext for Consultants Overview page
Understand the Vernacular Text
Where are we?
Translation consultants have different practices for how they verify a text, but all of them require some aide to understanding what was communicated in the vernacular.
Why is this important?
The consultant should be aware of all the ways that Paratext can be helpful for interpreting the vernacular to better enable them to understand the vernacular text.
What are we going to do?
We are going to learn how to use the Paratext help file to learn about:
- Project Interlinearizer
- Using Paratext produced word guesses
- Using Team provided interlinear
- Back Translation Projects
- Using back translation daughter project
- Using a regular project window for back translation
Learning about back translation and interlinear in the Paratext help file